- Bachelor of Arts in Economics BA Econ
- Moi University
Kenya's #1 University and College guide.
"find courses - explore careers - improve yourself"
Welcome to Somo. By accessing www.Somo.co.ke you are agreeing to the following terms, including those available by hyperlink, which are designed to make sure that Somo works for everyone.
As a condition of your use of Somo you agree that you will not:
- violate any laws;
- violate the Posting Rules;
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- post or otherwise communicate any false or misleading material or message of any kind;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute spam, chain letters, or promote pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Somo or the interests or property of Somo users;
- impose or contribute to imposing an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of Somo;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent;
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access Somo and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the Somo site, services, applications or tools or Somo's copyrights and trademarks;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent;
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to Somo;
- infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties.
Somo and the Somo community work together to keep the Somo websites, services, applications and tools working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us using the reporting system.
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off Somo if we think that they are creating problems, infringing the rights of third parties or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies (including, without limitation, circumventing temporary or permanent suspensions or harassing the Somo employees or other users). However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off Somo or not, we do not have any obligation to monitor the information transmitted or stored on our sites, services, applications and tools and we do not accept any liability for unauthorized or unlawful content on Somo or use of Somo by users.
Some of Somo's features may display your ad on other sites, services, applications and tools that are part of the global online community. By using Somo, you agree that your ads can be displayed on these other sites, services, applications and tools. The terms for our other sites, services, applications and tools are similar to these terms, but you may be subject to additional laws or other restrictions in the countries where your ad is posted. When you choose to post your ad on another site, service, application or tool, you may be responsible for ensuring that it does not violate such other site, service, application and tool policies. We may remove your ad if it is reported on any of our sites, services, applications or tools, or if we believe it causes problems or violates any law or policy.
Fees and Services
Using Somo is generally free, but we sometimes charge a fee for certain services. If the service you use incurs a fee, you'll be able to review and accept terms that will be clearly disclosed at the time you post your ad. Our fees are quoted in Kenya Shillings, and we may change them from time to time. We'll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the Somo website. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
- If your ads went live with exposure on the Somo sites, services, applications or tools, even for a limited time, and that they benefited from the service associated with the paid fee;
- If you have removed your ads yourself;
- If you post duplicate ads as defined in our rules regarding duplicate ads;
- If we believe that your ads are in a significantly wrong category;
Somo contains content from us, you, and other users. Somo is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via Somo is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute or modify content from Somo without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in Somo. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of Somo (other than your own content). When you give us content, you grant us and represent that you have the right to grant us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, design, database and intellectual property rights to that content. In addition, you waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Somo may at times use third party data suppliers to supplement the information you have provided in an ad. This could include descriptions, product specifications and other content. You may use such information solely in connection with your Somo ad during the time your ad is on the Somo site. The information provided may be subject to copyright, trademark and/or other protections. You agree not to remove any such protected information and/or create any derivative works based on the content (other than by including them in your ads).This permission is subject to modification or revocation at any time at Somo's sole discretion.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright, design and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). A large number of products of all sorts are offered on Somo by private individuals in Kenya. Entitled parties, in particular owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights can report any advertisement which may infringe on their rights, and submit a request for such advertisement to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by Somo.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do.
We do not review users' postings and are not involved in the actual transactions between users. As most of the content on Somo comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what's offered.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the operation and availability of our sites, services, applications or tools.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of, or inability to use Somo, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you. Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 1000 Kshs.
If you have a dispute with one or more Somo users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Third party rights
A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this User Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this Agreement or which exists or is available apart from that Act.
Resolution of disputes
If a dispute arises between you and Somo, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to the Somo Help page. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
These terms and the other policies posted on Somo constitute the entire agreement between Somo and you, superseding any prior agreements. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of Kenya. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Somo must be resolved by the courts of Kneya.
We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or 30 days after we post the updated policy on the Somo website, whichever is sooner.
Programs trending on somo
- Bachelor of Agribusiness Management and Enterprise Development
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Meru University of Science and Technology
- Bachelor of science Physics
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication and Information Engineering
- Mutlimedia University of Kenya
- Bachelor of Education Special Needs Education
- Maasai Mara University
- Secretarial Administration
- Nairobi Institute of Business Studies
- Diploma in Fashion Design Textile Technology
- Technical University of Kenya
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences Sociology
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Taita Taveta University College
- Bachelor of Tourism and Management
- Moi University
- Bachelor of Education Science
- Mt Kenya University
Popular universities in Kenya
- Moi University (Moi Uni)
- KCA UNIVERSITY (KCA)
- Zetech University (Zetech)
- University of Eldoret (UoE)
- Marist International University College (MIUC)
- International University of Professional Studies
Popular subject categories
- Business and Management
- IT Telecommunication
- Industry and Science
- Humanities Education
- Health Sciences