The graduate of the programme will be able to plan, develop,
implement and evaluate Nursing curricula and Nursing development,
professional continuing education and community education programs.
MScN in Nursing Education program will also enhance performance
evidence-based research and pioneer innovations. It will also provide an
opportunity for career development.
Kenya Methodist University endeavours to develop professional nurses
at higher levels of education who will maximize their contribution in
nursing education and practice as leaders and change agents.
Goal of the program
The main purpose of the program is to prepare nurse educators who
have in depth knowledge, skills and professional values essential for
working in a variety of educational and health care settings.
graduates will assume leaders roles as dynamic faculty members in
Universities and other training programmes including staff development
continuing education and community programmes.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the course, the graduate nurse will be able to:
- Analyze societal health needs.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and educational resources to facilitate learning in classroom and clinical areas.
- Analyze trends in nursing education and their impact of development.
- Participate effectively in the development, implementation, review and evaluation of Nursing Education curricula and programs.
- Conduct research in the area of nursing education.