University of Nairobi (UoN)
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION SYSTEMS
- Masters Program
- Duration : 2 years
Qualification for entry to the University of Nairobi
1. Holders of the following degree awards of the University of Nairobi or equivalent qualifications from universities or institutions recognized by the senate of the University of Nairobi;
a)Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
b) Bachelor of Science with at least Upper Second-Class Honours in Agriculture, Range management, Wildlife, Zoolog y and Agricultural economics.
2. Holders of Lower Second-class Honours degree or with at least two years relevant experience;
3. Holders of Pass degree or equivalent qualifications as listed in 2.2.1 above with either a relevant post-graduate diploma or five years experience.
The objectives of this programme offered at the University OF Nairobi are to:
1. Equip production system analysts with knowledge and skills in livestock systems analysis to help integrate components of production systems for sustainable use of resources and improved livestock productivity
2. Train personnel to undertake academic responsibility in research, consultancy and teaching in livestock production systems
3. Equip the analysts with ability to document, evaluate and monitor production systems.
Biometry and computer use
Application of statistics in animal production
Principles of Scientific Comm.
Principles of Livestock Production Systems
Animal Bioclimatology, Behaviour and Welfare
Livestock Population Dynamics and Modeling
Dairy Cattle Prod. systems
Beef Cattle and Camel Production Systems
Sheep and Goat Production systems
Pig and Poultry Production Dystems
Integrated Resource Mgt
Apiculture & Aquaculture