The Master of Science in Information Technology (MSc.IT) programme at Strathmore University is designed to meet the needs of the market for expertise in Information Technology (IT).
The programme as offered at Strathmore University is intended to address the increasing demand in the work-place for IT professionals with a broad and sound knowledge of both technical and managerial skills.
The Master of Science in Information Technology course at Strathmore is structured to focus on issues surrounding the development, implementation and management of information systems.
Course units focusing on applied computer skills are emphasized to address the needs of students from various backgrounds who wish to build careers in the field of information technology. The course also offers leadership and management skills preparing students to take up leadership roles in the IT industry.
Students are prepared to work as information management personnel, system designers and developers, senior level managers in IT, academics in IT, etc. The programme opens the way for candidates who may wish to develop and further their knowledge in IT through research, with the intention of progressing to doctoral levels.
Why study MSc. IT?
- To meet the needs of growing demand from prospective students who wish to progress beyond the undergraduate degree.
- To market professionals with qualifications that can enable them take up managerial positions in the IT industry.
- The need for academic development to fill up growing need for highly competent IT professionals who may wish to progress in their studies to doctoral levels and therefore become experts and researchers in the IT industry.
The target group is university graduates who have attained the minimum qualifications and have an interest in advancing their career in Information Technology or wish to add value to their professions through the new technologies in IT. Specifically, the programme is open to:
- First degree holders from various universities in IT, with an interest to develop and advance their career in information technology.
- Professionals with a first degree in IT and already working in the industry, who have an interest in advancing their career, knowledge and skills in IT.