Master of Science in Data Communications
- Master of Science in Data Communications
- KCA UNIVERSITY (KCA)
- Masters Program
- 2 years
Master of Science in Data Communications program at KCA UNIVERSITY course details
MSc Data Communications programme is aimed at widening and deepening the experience of academically capable graduates and practising engineers. The purpose of the course is to provide exposure to the wide variety of technical, managerial and organisational issues essential to the provision of information technology for commercial application of data communication and Network systems.
The evolution of data communication systems and computer networks in recent years has been explosive. This is a global phenomenon which presently is outstrip ping the ability of commercial organisations to recruit personnel equipped with the necessary blend of technical and managerial skills to initiate and manage the introduction of the new emerging technologies in networks and communications in the work place.
The effect of this current trend has been a growing overlap of the computer network and communications industries, from component fabrication to system integration. Another result is the development of integrated systems that transmit and process all types of data and information. Both the technology and the technical standards organisations are driving toward integrated public systems that make virtually all data and information sources around the world easily and uniformly accessible.
The focus of this course is to respond to this fast changing field and to ensure that the student can apply the knowledge gained from the course in the complex situations prevailing within the computer network and communications industry.
Minimum Entry Requirements
The following shall be eligible for admission into the Master of Science degree in Data Communications
A holder of a Bachelors degree in:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
or a related discipline to any of these, with at least Upper Division Second Class Honours, of the University, or an equivalent qualification from another accredited institution recognized by the University Senate and Commission for University Education.
- A holder of a Bachelors degree, of Lower Division Second Class Honours, in the areas of Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or a related discipline to any of these, of the University, or an equivalent qualification from another accredited institution recognized by the University Senate and Commission for University Education, with at least two years working experience in an IT-related position.
- A holder of either a Postgraduate Diploma in the areas of Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical/ Electronics Engineering or a related discipline to any of these Computer Science or an equivalent qualification from another accredited institution recognized by the University Senate and Commission for University Education. Any other equivalent qualifications approved by the University Senate and recognised by the Commission for University Education as equivalent.
- A student of another university that would like to transfer credit from their current university or Prior Learning (PL) may be accepted for purposes of student mobility and recognition prior learning and may transfer not more than 49% of their work.
In addition, applicants must have:
- good writing skills
- good interactive and social skills
All applicants will be asked to submit a writing aptitude test before interview
People who viewed this Master of Science in Data Communications program offered at KCA UNIVERSITY were also interested in:
- Master of Science in Computer Based Information Systems
- Strathmore University (Strathmore)