University of Nairobi (UoN)
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ANIMAL NUTRITION AND FEED SCIENCE
- Masters Program
- Duration : 2 years
Qualification for admission to the University of Nairobi for a Masters of Science in Animal Nutrition Feed Science
1. Holders of the following degree awards of the University of Nairobi or equivalent qualifications from universities or institutions recognized by the senate of the University of Nairobi;
a) Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
b) Bachelor of Science with at least Upper Second-Class Honours in Agriculture, Range Management, Food Science and Technology, or Biochemistry
2. Holders of Lower Second-class Honours degree or with at least two years relevant experience;
3. Holders of Pass degree or equivalent qualifications as listed in 1 above with either a relevant post-graduate diploma or five years experience.
The objectives of this programme offered at the University of Nairobi are to:
1. Equip animal nutritionists with knowledge and skills in nutrition and feed science to enhance sustainable utilization of feed resources and improve animal productivity.
2. Train personnel to undertake academic responsibility in research, consultancy and teaching and promote application of biotechnology in animal nutrition and feed science.
Biometry & computer use
Principles of scientific Comm.
Mineral and vitamin Metabolism
Animal Feed Resources and Processing
Animal bioclimatology, behaviour and welfare
Pets and laboratory animal nutrition