The MA in Biblical and Theological Studies (MABTS) has been designed to assist theologians, pastors and other ministry workers in developing expertise in the area of Scripture, theology, and church history. With the challenges brought about by local and global changes and transformations on the continent of Africa, ministry in all its areas now requires specialized training. The program offers five major fields of study which reflect areas of significant importance in the ministry to the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Each area represents unique challenges that require specialized knowledge, skills and attitudes.
The benefits you will obtain from taking the degree:
- Identify and evaluate important sources, contributions of key scholars, major schools of thought and emerging trends in contemporary cultural, ethical, biblical, linguistic, and theological-historical studies
- Demonstrate critical, analytical, and creative thinking in matters of complex biblical, religious and theological systems
- Articulate and express cohenrently biblical and theological concepts and doctrines
- Commit to a life-long learning, teaching, and communication of religious knowledge
- Promote and participate in the missionof the church both globally and on the continent of Africa.
Areas of Specialization
The M.A. (BTS) has the following majors:
- Biblical Studies (Old Testament)
- Biblical Languages
- Church History Studies
- Biblical Studies (New Testament)
- Theological Studies