Minimum Entry Requirements
1. A holder of a degree with at least Upper Second Class honours in Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Botany and Zoology, Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Horticulture or related plant science degree or Bachelor of Education in Science with botany option and any other subject from the University of Nairobi or any other institution recognized by senate.
2. A holder of a degree with at least lower second class honours in any of the degree specified in (i) above with 2 years of relevant experience or a postgraduate diploma in (i) or equivalent from the University of Nairobi or any other institution recognized by senate.
3. A holder of a pass degree with a postgraduate diploma in the above relevant disciplines or its equivalent from the University of Nairobi or any other institution recognized by the senate.
1. Train qualified personnel in the field of plant pathology who will be competent in identifying and managing plant diseases using environmentally safe procedures.
2. Equip the candidates with the necessary tools to undertake research in all fields of plant pathology.
3. Develop competence in pesticide safe handling, usage, disposal, monitoring and evaluation in the environment.
4. Guide the candidates in carrying out research project aimed at solving identified problems in plant pathology.
5. Train the candidates on how to communicate and present their findings in form of seminars and publications.
Principles of Plant Pathology
Statistics and Field Experimentation
Principles of Plant Disease Control
Plant Nematodes and Non parasitic diseases
Biotechnology and Molecular Techniques