Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - overview
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree program at University of Kabianga will prepare you to work at the cutting edge of information technology. In this degree progrma you will cover core studies in programming, databases, systems analysis, and professional IT practice.
Our students learn how to develop efficient algorithms to solve problems in a variety of application areas and implement their solutions using appropriate programming languages and computer systems.The degree program structure will allow you to understand the direct application of software design and development to the business domain.
This degree program will also prepare students to pursue research opportunities and postgraduate studies in Computer Science.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - objectives
Upon completion of their studies, the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology graudates from University of Kabianga will be able to:
- Function effectively with a range of audiences.
- Communicate effectively on a team to accomplish a common goal.
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems.
- Use current tools or techniques to implement and evaluate programs or computer-based systems.
- Analyze problems and identify the computing and/or mathematical techniques appropriate to their solutions.
- Appreciate an application area of computing and recognize the need to engage in continuing professional development.
- Understand the professional, ethical, legal, and security impacts of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Apply computer science theory and mathematical models to comprehend the tradeoffs involved in various design choices.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - entry requirements
the minimum entry requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology at University of Kabianga are:
- KCSE or equivalent certificate with a minimum of C+ and grade C (plain) in both mathematics and English/Kiswahili or similar grades in an equivalent examination approved by the University Senate OR
- KACE or equivalent Certificate with a minimum of two principal passes in A-level Examination in Mathematics and English Language.OR
- Diploma in relevant disciplines in the field of Information Technology from an institution recognized by the University Senate. Satisfactory credit transfer to that year will normally determine the year of entry.OR
- Candidates with equivalent Qualifications as Approved by Senate may be considered.