Bachelor of Management Office Administration - overview
This programme is aimed at training Office administrators and
managers for the industry as well as the non-profit making and
international organizations. It aims at improving the quality of Office
administration and management training to ensure that office managers
are able to competently accomplish routine office tasks and at the same
time be effective assistants to the executives and eventually take up
executive roles. This is in response to the changing face of the office
manager where she/he is expected to take an office management role in
Management and Office administration skills and knowledge are
at the heart of business development in both public and private sectors
of any economy, whether in developed or developing worlds. The office is
the central nerve of an organization and should be trained
professionally. Office administrators and managers are the backbone of
economic development; they are the organizers, the caretakers and the
overall in-charge of the business and office functions in organizations.
Bachelor of Management Office Administration - objectives
By the end of the programme, the learners should be able to:
- Apply the practical education and skills which are responsive and relevant to modern business practice.
- Respond to the technological developments of the workplace in a competitive business world.
- Make appropriate decisions in business and office administration.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently for improved business and office operations.
Bachelor of Management Office Administration - entry requirements
- KCSE: overall grade C + (plus) or equivalent and a minimum of B in English or its equivalent.
- A – Level: minimum of two principal passes or its equivalent and a minimum of a credit pass in English at KCE or equivalent.
- Diploma Holders: Candidates with a credit pass in
Secretarial or Management related Diplomas from recognized Institutions
acceptable to the University Senate.
- KSPS/ IUPS Diploma In Business And Office Management
- Any other equivalent qualification recognized by the university senate
Exemptions and Credit Transfers
Holders of diploma qualifications recognized by the university senate are eligible for exemptions.