Bachelor of Commerce - overview
The goal of this program is to produce highly qualified and competent professionals with
requisite skills and values to serve the needs of both industrial concerns and small and
medium enterprises. It aims first, to develop a theoretical and technical understanding of
Accounting, Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management concepts and practices
among its students. Secondly, to enhance self confidence and the ability to critically evaluate
business and management issues and develop solutions from ethical, professional as well
as academic perspectives. Thirdly, to instill a critical and integrated understanding of the
world of business, with a firm grounding on ICT and e-commerce as driving forces of 21st
Century business enterprises.
The course is designed to run for eight trimesters (full-time
learning) and nine trimesters
(part-time learning) with an attachment component integrated within the
curriculum to provide learners with more practical experience of the
Form four school leavers and graduates from recognised universities.
Bachelor of Commerce - objectives
The Bachelor of Commerce degree programme at IUPS aims at producing graduates with practical skills and understanding of managerial requirements.
The programme as taught at Inoorero University instills theoretical and technical understanding of Accounting, Finance, Banking, Human Resources Management and Marketing Concepts and practices.
Bachelor of Commerce - entry requirements
- KCSE with a minimum aggregate of C+ with C in English and Mathematics Or
- KACE Certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and
one Subsidiary pass, and a minimum credit pass in Mathematics at KCE Or
- Holder of KSPS Diploma in Management with a credit pass Or
- Holder of KNEC Diploma in Business Management with a pass Or
- Holder of ABE Advanced Diploma in Business Management with a pass Or
- Holder of CPA (K), CPS (K), & ACCA
- Holder of an accredited Diploma in Management with a pass that is recognized by the University Senate Or,
- Any other qualification accepted by the University Senate as equivalent to any of the above.
Holders of recognized diplomas qualify for credit transfers
e.g. BA KNEC / Business Management KNEC, KIM Diploma
, Public & Private Universities diplomas, ABE Qualifications,
Other accredited diplomas by Commission for Higher Education
The total number of credits/exemptions to be awarded is
dependent on the scope of the various curriculums. Credits/exemptions
are awarded on merit basis. Applicants will be expected to apply for
exemptions/ credit transfers on admission by completing a credit