Pan Africa Christian University Overview
Pan Africa Christian University is The Leadership University. It is the right place for you to get a high quality education.
Pan Africa Christian University is a place of rigorous academic
education and a people with a common vision: to transform lives through
Christ-centered higher education.
Our faculty members are known for the extraordinary accessibility
students have to them. The result of the outstanding instruction and
strong community at PAC
University has skilled and committed graduates, who make positive difference wherever they go.
We welcome people from all around the world to join our community.
Since 1978, we have been training leaders of character, capable of addressing the challenges of our changing world.
What can you do at PAC? You can be part of the impact Pan Africa
Christian University is having in Kenya, Africa, and throughout the
Pan Africa Christian University Location
Pan Africa Christian University is located about 10 KMs from Nairobi CBD.
It is situated along Lumumba
Drive, Roysambu, off Kamiti Rd, off Thika Super Highway, about 2KMs from
Safari Park Hotel.
Why Choose Pan Africa Christian University
To be a Christian university of choice in Africa, characterized by
high quality and professional education in a community of learning and
service, which is instrumental in the transformation of society.
To develop godly Christian leaders, growing disciples of Jesus Christ
who are thoroughly equipped to serve God, the Church and their
communities as they strengthen and actively multiply believers in Africa
and around the world.
Our Core Values
- Pursuit of truth and moral integrity
- Stressing the importance of people
- Mutual respect and collaboration for PAC’s diverse community
- Priority and focus on biblical and spiritual formation
- Relevance of training in content, structure and process
- Excellence in work, spiritual walk and service among students, faculty and staff
- Instilling servant leadership values among students, faculty and staff
Our Core Commitments
- Quality emphasis on practical experience and leadership development
- Community of faith from diverse cultures embracing PAC’s mission and statement of faith
- Quality teaching and leaning
- Employing high-performance professional personnel
- Information technology
- Strategic planning and assessment
- Outreach to the society through various communication vehicles in
building strategic alliances and promoting the search for truth, love
- Research and scholarship in addressing critical social issues
- Community service by being a leading Christian resource centre to the society
- To provide university-level instruction in higher education for Christian faith and practice;
prepare for the churches of Africa: mature, committed, and
conscientious ministerial leaders to serve with competence in ministries
of the Church;
- To equip students for Christian service in positions of leadership
and activity in various Christian ministries and secular vocations;
- To develop and transmit knowledge and skills through research and training at university level;
- To further preserve, develop, produce, process, transmit and
disseminate knowledge, and thereby stimulate the spiritual, religious
and intellectual life and cultural development of Kenya and Africa at
- To play an effective role in the development and expansion of the African Church and its leadership.
Specifically, we desire to develop in each student:
- A vibrant, growing relationship with God;
- A sound evangelical theological foundation, based on understanding
of the historical background and context of the Bible, proper
methodology of Biblical interpretation and sensitivity to the Holy
- An intelligent commitment to sacrificially serve God, the church, and the world according to the gifts God has given.
Pan Africa Christian University History
History was made in September 1978 when
the first classes were held in what was known then as Pan Africa
Christian College—and we have been making history ever since!
In September 2014 we will be celebrating
35 years of making history by the educating and graduating of thousands
of men and women who are making a difference in Kenya and throughout
Africa and beyond with their knowledge and skills.
Founded originally as a Bible college the campus was built on the site of the former Lumumba Institute .
As the college grew so did its vision
and in keeping up with all the changes in Higher Education in Kenya the
college received it Charter as a Private University from President
Kibaki in February 2008. With the Charter came the change in name to
Pan Africa Christian University.
Our fulfilling the mandate of a
university is reflected not only in our numerical growth but also in the
diversity and development of our many programs: from Bible and
Theology, to Business and Leadership, Counselling Psychology,
Communications, Community Development, ICT—and more to come!
Our focus has been on undergraduate and
postgraduate programs with an array of supporting certificate and
diploma programs as well.
Imbued with a Christian worldview and a
philosophy of education that reflects that perspective, we offer our
students an enhanced, unique, and quality university education.
The university is owned and managed by
robust partnership of three stakeholders: Christ Is The Answer
Ministries (CITAM), the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC), and the
Pentecostal Assemblies of God – Kenya (PAG).