Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology
- Technical University of Kenya (TUK)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 4 years
Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology program at Technical University of Kenya course details
Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology degree programme at Technical University of Kenya is a comprehensive program that emphasises the practical skills needed for successful, long-term careers in the IT industry. Its comprehensive nature and emphasis on practical skills to meet the information needs of any modern enterprise sets it apart from other courses.
The information technology related units covered in the course include basic programming constructs and modern programming environments, networking engineering principles and wireless networking protocols, object-oriented software architectures , enterprise web, cloud and mobile technologies, and software quality management. Information Systems units include database management, corporate IT strategy and governance, information systems analysis and design, document and workflow and management support.
This course is both highly technical and people-orientated. As well as its scientific and technical focus on areas related to software, network, web, database and internet services, areas such as management, communications and human behaviour are also covered.
This course provides students with the opportunity to develop their teamwork, project management and communication skills as well as exploring the technical and human aspects of information technology and its use.
Minimum Entry Requirements
The basic admission requirement shall be the minimum entry requirements set for entry into the public universities, which is at least an average grade of C+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
In addition, applicants are expected to have obtained at least a grade C+ in each of the cluster subjects in following cluster of subjects in KCSE examinations:
- Biology/any Group III/any Group IV/any Group V.
- Group III:
- History and Government,
- Christian Religious Education,
- Islamic Religious Education,
- Hindu Religious Education.
- Group IV:
- Home Science,
- Art and Design,
- Aviation Technology,
- Computer Studies.
- Group V:
- Business Studies.
A-Levels or Equivalent
Candidates should have a minimum of two (2) principal passes in Mathematics and Physics and a subsidiary level pass in Chemistry with a credit pass in English at O-Level.
Diploma in Technology or Equivalent
Applicants with a Diploma in technology in Information Technology of the Technical University of Kenya (TUK) or an equivalent qualification.
Higher Diploma or Equivalent
Applicants with a Higher Diploma in Computer studies of theTechnical University of Kenya (TUK) or an equivalent qualification.
Diploma(TEP) or Equivalent:
Applicants with a Diploma(Technical Education Programme) in Computer studies of the Technical University of Kenya (TUK) or an equivalent qualification.
On completing the Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology degree programme at Technical University of Kenya students should be able to:
- Implement appropriate IT solutions for the needs of a contemporary e-business.
- Specify the requirements for a business computer system or networked IT system.
- Design a business computer system including:
- Web and Cloud based User Interfaces
- Mobile device user interfaces - Traditional, and GUI human computer interfaces.
- Analyse the need for and requirements of a contemporary IT and media system for business.
- Construct an IT solution using current best practice technologies including object oriented programming languages.
- Produce and analyse creative works, in a variety of different technologies including enterprise web, cloud and mobile platforms
- Act in a professional role within the IT industry, across arrange of possible careers spanning media, IT development, systems process and IT maintenance.
People who viewed this Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology program offered at Technical University of Kenya were also interested in:
- Bachelor of Science in Security and Forensics
- Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
- Bachelor of Science in Informatics
- Strathmore University (Strathmore)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Mutlimedia University of Kenya (MMU)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Kenyatta University (KU)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- University of Kabianga