Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Kiriri Womens University of Science and Technology (Kiriri)
- Bachelors Degree Program
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program at Kiriri Womens University of Science and Technology course details
Through the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration course KWUST aims to produce graduates with a broad interest in all commercial activities and who will build upon knowledge of the functional, environmental, behavioural, economic and legal aspects of business and provide analytical and conceptual tools for analyzing and solving problems.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration programme at Kiriri Women Univeristy is designed to create a self-directed graduate who will understand the particular challenges women face in the dynamic and multicultural workplace.
The KWUST graduate will therefore enter the job market confident that she knows herself and her skills well enough to compete and be competent to be a leader - in whatever area of operation she may choose.
Minimum Entry Requirements
To be admitted to The Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration at KWUST, a candidate must meet either of the following entry requirements:
- Have obtained at the K.C.S.E. level, a minimum mean grade of C+. In addition to this, the candidate must have passed with a minimum grade of C in Mathematics and English.
- Have a diploma in relevant subjects with at least a credit pass from an Institution recognised by the university.
- A minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 after undertaking Pre-University programme from a recognized institution.
- Have any relevant qualification approved by the Kiriri Womens University Senate as being equivalent to the above.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration course at Kiriri Womens University, graduates will:
- Have an awareness of the broad range of knowledge required in business administration.
- Be equipped with specialized knowledge required in the particular profession they wish to enter.
- Develop the analytical and behavioural skills they will require to make effective use of this knowledge in employment.
- Understand the particular challenges women face in the dynamic multicultural workplace.
- Develop the skills and capabilities required to successful
Communication Skills, Principles of Accounting I, Principles of Micro-economic Theory, Introduction to Business, Introduction to Micro computers, Principles of Marketing.
Culture Sex and Gender Studies, Introduction to Financial Management, Principles of Accounting II, Principles of Macro economic Theory, Business Mathematics, Principles of Purchasing.
Development Studies, Intermediate Accounting I, Business Finance, Intermediate Micro-economic Theory, Statistics for Management, Principles of Management.
Computing, Professional Ethics, Public Image & Relations, Introduction to Management Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Intermediate Macro economic Theory, Production & Operations, Management.
Business Law, Business Communication, Implementing Total Quality, Advanced Management Accounting, Advanced Financial Accounting Techniques, Corporate Financial Planning and Strategy, Financial Institutions and Markets I, Group Dynamics Fundamentals of International Business, International Trade and Export-Import Management, Industrial Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, Contract Administration, Inventory Planning.
Electives: International Accounting, Bankruptcy & Reorganization, Monetary Theory & Policy, Advanced Micro-economic Theory, Cost Accounting, Cross-Cultural Management, Industrial Relations, Risk Management, Consumer Behaviour, Not-for-Profit Marketing, Sales Management.
Business Ethics, Business Leadership & Strategy, Entrepreneurship I, Cost Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Investment Analysis, Organisation Structure and Environment, Human Resource Management (General Management), Multinational Business Operations and Strategy Organization Theory, Marketing Research, Strategic Marketing, Planning Material, Management Electives, International Marketing, Project Management, Advanced Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions & Markets II, Advanced Macro-economic Theory, Organization Behaviour, Regional Economic Integration and Business Strategy, Managing Marketing Communications.
Research Methodology, Entrepreneurship II, Company Law, Advanced Financial Accounting Practice, Auditing and Investigation, Public Finance, Seminar in Finance, Leadership and Women, Management of International Business & Organizations, International Marketing, Public Relations, Purchasing and IT, Purchasing Ethics.
Electives : Contemporary Issues in Management, Accounting, Public Sector Accounting, International Finance, Investment analysis II, International Marketing, Public Relations, Advanced Marketing, Research Technique, Selected Topics in Marketing Management, International Economics I, International Marketing, Public Relations, Advanced Marketing, Research Technique, Selected Topics in Marketing Management, International Economics I.
Strategic Management, Research Project, Taxation Money and Banking, Implementing Total Quality, Organisational Power and Politics, International Business Seminar, Multinational Financial Management, Product Management, Applied Marketing Research, Supplies Management, International Logistics Management.
Electives : Contemporary Issues in Financial Accounting, Accounting Theory, Contemporary Issues in Taxation, International Economics I, Multinational Financial Management, Conflict Resolution: Negotiation and Mediation, Management Information Systems, Selected Topics in Business and Strategies, International Economics II, Pricing Promotion & Advertising, Retail Marketing Management Contemporary, Issues in Inventory Management, Special Topics in Purchasing.
People who viewed this Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program offered at Kiriri Womens University of Science and Technology were also interested in:
- Bachelor Of Commerce
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT)
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management
- Kirinyaga University (KYU)
- Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship
- Kirinyaga University (KYU)
- Bachelor of Project Planning and Management
- Karatina University
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology - BBIT
- Zetech University (Zetech)
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management
- Kenyatta University (KU)