Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology (Electronics and Computer Engineering)
- Technical University of Kenya (TUK)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 4 years
Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology (Electronics and Computer Engineering) program at Technical University of Kenya course details
Electronics and Computer Engineering is a course that aims to integrate two separate engineering fields to meet the joint demands made by the electronics and computer industries in today's world. This Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology (Electronics and Computer Engineering) degree programme at Technical University of Kenya combines coursework in different aspects of both fields over four years, with an emphasis on the design of computing systems.
Electronics and computers, and their joint applications, are playing an ever-increasing role in our lives as Information Communications Technology (ICT), with everything from consumer goods to space shuttles using electronic hardware (circuits) and computer software integrated together. The increased use of ICT in every aspect of our lives ensures the continued relevance of this area of engineering.
Companies that utilise integrated electronics and computer systems require engineers who possess the software skills to complement traditional electronic hardware skills. The Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology (Electronics and Computer Engineering) degree programme, at Technical University of Kenya, has been developed in response to these industry demands to develop students' hardware and software engineering skills in an integrated way and the analytical powers to apply them jointly.
Graduates of this course are ideally placed to pursue their specialism in ICT, which has wide applicability both nationally, with many indigenous technology companies and the multinational sector, and internationally.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Candidates shall be eligible for admission into The Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology (Electronics and Computer Engineering) degree in the School of Engineering Science and Technology in the following categories:
- The basic admission requirement shall be the minimum entry requirements set for entry into the public universities, which is at least an average grade of C+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
- In addition, applicants are expected to have obtained at least a grade C+ in each of the cluster subjects in following cluster of subjects in KCSE examinations:
- Cluster Subjects
- Biology/any Group III/any Group IV/any Group V.
KCSE Subject Grouping,
- Group III:
- History and Government,
- Christian Religious Education,
- Islamic Religious Education,
- Hindu Religious Education.
- Group IV:
- Home Science,
- Art and Design,
- Aviation Technology,
- Computer Studies.
- Group V:
- Business Studies.
A-Levels or Equivalent
- Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) principal passes in Mathematics and Physics and a subsidiary level pass in Chemistry with a credit pass in English at O-Level
Diploma (TEP) or Equivalent
- Applicants with a Diploma (Technical Education Programme) in computer studies of the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC). or an equivalent qualification.
Diploma in Technology or Equivalent
- Applicants with a Diploma in Technology (Dip.Tech.) in Computer Technology of Kenya Polytechnical University or an equivalent qualification
Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) or Equivalent
- Applicants with a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) in Computer studies of Kenya Polytechnical University or an equivalent qualification
This Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology (Electronics and Computer Engineering) degree programme, at Technical University of Kenya degree will:
- Prepare you for work as an engineering technologist, with the skills and knowledge needed to advise in planning, designing, operating and maintaining electronic engineering works.
- Enable you to gain an understanding of project management principles, microprocessor techniques, electric circuits, engineering practice and sustainability, control systems and more.
- Develop in you the skills in hardware and software design and implementation which you will need to work in cutting-edge, high-technology fields, including communications, microelectronics, computer systems, biomedical engineering and control systems (robotics).
People who viewed this Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology (Electronics and Computer Engineering) program offered at Technical University of Kenya were also interested in:
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Mutlimedia University of Kenya (MMU)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
- Kenya Methodist University (KeMU)
- Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology
- Technical University of Kenya (TUK)
- Bachelor of Science Information Technology
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Science and Technology
- United States International University Africa USIU-A (USIU)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- University of Kabianga