Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management
- Moi University (Moi Uni)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 4 years
Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management program at Moi University course details
The Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management (BHM) programme aims at producing highly trained professionals in all aspects of hospitality.
This Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management programme at Moi University emphasizes student-centered learning approach in which the main training characteristics include combinations of problem-based learning, project oriented/work-based and cooperate learning.
The Module approach will be used in delivery. After completion of the training, the Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management graduates should be equipped with competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) in planning, development and management of hotels and other hospitality establishments.
Training in the Department of Hotel and Hospitality emphasises practical work, in-house training and industrial attachments in keeping with the Mission of Moi University of producing practical, development-conscious and extension-oriented graduates.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Candidates direct from school must meet minimum University entry requirements of Moi University and Joint Admissions Board requirements.
However, mature age candidates must meet the following additional requirements:
- Candidates must have passed KCSE or equivalent with a minimum grade C in Mathematics, English or Kiswahili.
- Must have successfully completed a relevant diploma course recognized by the University senate. Such candidates must have passed with at least a credit and have at least one year relevant working experience after obtaining the diploma.
- The mature students will enter in the second year of study.
The overall objective of the Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management programme is to provide students with knowledge, skills and appropriate attitudes in hospitality management in order to enable them to effectively participate in the development of hospitality as an academic discipline and to improve the standards of management in the hospitality industry.
The specific objectives of the Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management programme are to:
- Provide training programmes, which are flexible, relevant, rigorous and consistent with the best tourism and hospitality practice, which also, embody the principles of ethical practice and social responsibility.
- Provide students with appropriate knowledge, skills and competencies in strategic planning, and hospitality management, that will enable them to integrate various parameters (i.e. social, cultural, economic, environmental, technological and political parameters) in planning, organisation and management of the overall hotel industry in Kenya.
- Provide students with appropriate knowledge, skills and competencies in hospitality product development, hospitality operations, hospitality service delivery, hospitality marketing and promotion.
- Enable students to develop appropriate research methods and skills in the development of quality hospitality services including aspects of operational quality, control management, human resource management, strategic approaches to quality management and analysis of performance indicators.
Semester I :
Tourism System, Communication Skills I, Development Concepts and Applications, Introduction to Tourism, Introduction to Tourism Operations, The Business of Tourism, Foreign Language
Service Management, Communication Skills II, Quantitative Skills II, Introduction to Service Management, Tourism Services Marketing I, Human Resource Management I, Foreign Language
Tourism Planning and Development state, Society and Development, External Environment Tourism Policy and Planning, Tourism Product Development, Foreign Language
Hospitality Services, Introduction to Hospitality Operations, Introduction to Hospitality Management, Introduction to Hospitality Service Management, Industrial Placement I (Outside the Semester)
Food and Beverage Production Management, Food and Beverage Management, Food and Beverage Production, Food and Beverage Service, Foreign Language
Accomodation Management, Front Office Operations, Facility and Property Management, House Keeping Operations, Foreign Language, Industrial Attachment II
Semester I ,
Hospitality Management and Information Systems, Management Management Information System in Hospitality, Hospitality Accounting, Hospitality Law and Contemporary Issues Foreign Language
Elective Semester Series Students are required to specialise in one of the following areas:
- Hospitality Marketing and Sales
- Hospitality Services Management
- Human Resources and Service Management
a) Hospitality Marketing and Sales Hospitality: Marketing and Sales Strategic Planning and Management in Hospitality Financial Services Management
b) Hospitality Service Management Services: Operations Management Consumer Behavior and Public Relations Total Quality Management
b) Human Resource and Service Management: Strategic Planning and Management in Hospitality Industry Advance Human Resource Management Service Operations Management
People who viewed this Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management program offered at Moi University were also interested in:
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism ManagemenBachelor of Science in Tourism Managementt
- Maasai Mara University
- BSc Ecotourism and Hospitality Management
- Egerton University (EU)
- Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management BHM
- University of Eldoret (UoE)
- Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management
- Karatina University
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
- Technical University of Mombasa (TUM)
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- University of Nairobi (UoN)