Bachelor of Finance and Investment Management
- Bachelor of Finance and Investment Management
- Co-operative University of Kenya (CUK)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 4 years
Bachelor of Finance and Investment Management program at Co-operative University of Kenya course details
designed to meet the current need for managers with analytical, critical
thinking and decision making skills in Finance and Investment
Management and related fields.
The course is structured to reflect the
changing world of finance and investment management and to provide a
firm foundation for the world of work in the banking and financial and
The programme is designed and developed to meet global
demands, the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), The East African
Community and the Kenyas Vision 2030.
The programme focuses on
addressing the needs of finance and investment sector. It seeks to
develop competent, well trained and morally upright finance managers and
leaders who will serve in various organizations and the community at
Secondary school leavers who have attained the
minimum qualifications for university admission and who wish to start a
career in finance and investment.
The programme is also open to persons
in employment who posses relevant qualifications for admission to a
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a
minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and
English or Kiswahili,OR
- Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and a minimum of a credit pass in Mathematics at KCE,
- Be a holder of a relevant diploma with a credit pass that is recognized by the University senate. OR
- Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by senate as equivalent to any of the above.
Candidates who are CPA/CPS/ACCA/CCP/CIPS finalists, Cooperative university Diploma holders will be exempted from year one.
The Bachelor of Finance and Investment Management aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To enhance self confidence and ability to critically evaluate
finance and investment decisions and develop solutions from ethical,
professional as well as academic perspective.
- To prepare learners for progression to higher degree work and research in finance and investment and related business areas.
- To provide the most in-depth study of finance and investment management.
- To provide learners with an understanding of finance and the ability
to place financial innovations within a contemporary and historical
Each semester will have a maximum of 9 units and a minimum of 7
The programme will run for a minimum of 8 semesters and a maximum
of 12 semesters.
The period of the Industrial Attachment will be part of
the programme duration.
The Industrial Attachment will take eight (8)
People who viewed this Bachelor of Finance and Investment Management program offered at Co-operative University of Kenya were also interested in:
- Bachelor of Science in Finance
- United States International University Africa USIU-A (USIU)
- Bachelor of Science Mathematics
- Kiriri Womens University of Science and Technology (Kiriri)
- Bachelor of Economics and Statistics
- Kenyatta University (KU)
- Bachelor of science Financial Engineering
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)
- Bachelor of Economics and Finance
- Kenyatta University (KU)