With the advent of Modern Science and Technology, the education system in Kenya has undergone drastic changes in the past four decades or so. The changes have affected many courses of study that are being governed by market demands.
The employers are equally keen on the type of graduates being produced by Kenyan Universities.
This curriculum of Bachelor of Education Arts is therefore designed to meet these challenges and demands affecting Kenyas labour market as dictated by both local and international demands.
The curriculum is also designed to provide interdisciplinary approaches for training education professionals and scientists who need to work competitively in all fields and areas in the education sector of this country and beyond.
The programme shall also provide Bachelor of Education Arts graduates with real world situations full of various techniques of teaching, knowledge, skills, attitudes, and experiences that prepare them to meet challenges in the fields of Teaching Learning Process.
While striving to fulfil the gaps identified arising from the needs survey, the Bachelor of Education (Arts) programme has been designed to recognize that its graduates shall: -
- Have strong educational orientation and teaching knowledge in order to provide teaching knowledge, skills and abilities that will:
- Enable successful performance of education system in academic organizations
- Integrate all education organization systems
- Strategize Secondary and Tertiary levels of education and its systematization.
- Exhibit strong educational principles, good interpersonal communication values and virtues through:
- Appropriate teaching / training codes of conduct
- Effective and efficient trained team work
- Excellent work assignment and demonstration
- Being educationally inquisitive and objective in achievements.
- Have strong analytic and critical thinking, knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- Solve educational problems in academic institutions.
- Apply perspective and prospective educational concepts and information
- Conceptualize and systemize functions, principles, procedures, and data in academic institutions
- Design and implement educational solutions that enhance educational institutions performance as per intended contrast to be introduced by:
- Acquiring, processing, designing and storing academic information for the benefit of mankind
- Modeling teaching/ learning processes and, defining them.
- Helping staff and students in schools and colleges to attain their goals of teaching/ learning