Bachelor of Development Studies
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- The Management University of Africa (MUA)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 4 years
Bachelor of Development Studies program at The Management University of Africa course details
This Bachelor of Development Studies programme has been developed with the understanding that there is a widening demand for professionals who can be able to initiate and mobilize communities to participate in the facilitation of their own development. BDS resonates with the needs of the devolved government as stipulated in the new constitution with the need to have the people in the rural areas to be fully involved in the community development activities.
MUA graduates will be well equipped with gender development skills to enable them design and facilitate development events that lead to Gender Equity in all human development endeavors.
BDS has the following options :
- Economic development
- Project management
- Environmental Management
The BDS programme prepares students for careers and opportunities in the following fields; Development finance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Administration. With working opportunities in;
- Non-Government Organisations
- Development Institutions
- Development Banks
Minimum Entry Requirements
The minimum entry requirements for the Bachelor of Development Studies at MUA university are:
- KCSE - Mean Grade C+ with C plain in both Mathematics and English or Kiswahili or Mean Grade C or its equivalent with diploma in the relevant area of study from a recognized Institution.
- IGCSE - 5 Upper level passes (equivalent to C+).
- GCE - Five (5) O-Level (Equivalent to C+) with a pass, C in Maths & English or Kiswahili.
- 12th Grade - GPA of 2.5.
- KACE - 2 principal passes & a minimum pass of 7 in Maths and English or Kiswahili at KCE.
A Development Studies graduate will:
- demonstrate a capacity for logical, critical and creative analysis.
- have the capacity to be engaged, responsible, sensitive and effective world citizens.
- be committed to knowledge creation, ethical practice and critical perspectives about development and underdevelopment.
- have high-level communication skills and/or the ability to engage in constructive public and professional discourse in community, cross-cultural and policy contexts.
- be able to perform autonomously, collaboratively and/or productively with advanced skills in collecting, interpreting, organizing, analyzing and presenting information.
- possess a substantial and broad knowledge of development issues including: urban and regional; globalisation; economic; environmental sustainability; and cultural diversity.
People who viewed this Bachelor of Development Studies program offered at The Management University of Africa were also interested in:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- International University of Professional Studies
- Bachelor of Business Management BBM
- University of Eldoret (UoE)
- Bachelor of Project Planning and Management
- Karatina University
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Africa International University (AIU)
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology - BBIT
- Zetech University (Zetech)