Bachelor of Co-operatives and Community Development
- Bachelor of Co-operatives and Community Development
- Co-operative University of Kenya (CUK)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 4 years
Bachelor of Co-operatives and Community Development program at Co-operative University of Kenya course details
The programme is open to qualified K.C.S.E holders and other persons possessing equivalent or any other acceptable qualifications who wish to pursue a career, academic or research interest in co-operatives and community development.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a
minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and
English or Kiswahili, OR
- Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and a minimum of a credit pass in Mathematics at KCE,OR
- Be a holder of a relevant diploma with a credit pass that is recognized by the University senate. OR
- Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by senate as equivalent to any of the above.
- Candidates who are CPA/CPS/ACCA/CCP/CIPS finalists, Co-operative
university Diploma holders will be exempted from year one. However the
candidates are expected to undertake the university Core units.
The BCCD programme aims to achieve the following goals:
- To develop a conceptual and technical understanding of
Co-operatives, Management, and Community Development concepts and
practices and the ability to cope with future developments in these
- To enhance students self-confidence and the ability to critically
evaluate co-operative business management and community development
issues so as to develop solutions to problems envisaged from ethical,
professional as well as academic perspectives;
- To instil a critical and integrated understanding of the world of
co-operative business and community development with a firm foundation
in related disciplines such as economics, sociology, ethics, information
technology, research methodology and law.
- To prepare the students for progression to higher degree programmes
in Co-operatives, Community Development and Business Studies.
The programme will run for a minimum of 8 semesters and a maximum of 12
The period of the Industrial Attachment will be part of the
The Industrial Attachment will take eight (8) weeks.
People who viewed this Bachelor of Co-operatives and Community Development program offered at Co-operative University of Kenya were also interested in:
- Bachelor of Human Resources Management
- Karatina University
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- The Management University of Africa (MUA)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- University of Nairobi (UoN)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Pwani University
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Mt Kenya University (MKU)
- BSc in Agricultural Economics and Resource Management
- Moi University (Moi Uni)