The Bachelor of Co-operative Management programme at Kisii University is intended to provide students with business management, ethical and technological skills required by co-operative industry and at the same time meet the quality requirements of the University.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Be a holder of KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English/Kiswahili OR
- Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and subsidiary pass and a minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at KCE OR
- Be a holder of a diploma in a relevant discipline with a credit pass from an institution recognised by the University Senate. OR
- Be a holder of any qualification recognised by the University Senate.
Based on senate approved guidelines, candidates may be allowed to transfer up to 30%of credit factors from a related diploma course.
The main aim of Bachelor of Co-operative Management degree programme
- To develop a theoretical and technical understanding of Accounting, Finance, Banking, Marketing and Human Resources Management concepts and practices and the ability to cope with future developments in these areas;
- To enhance self confidence and the ability to critically evaluate business and management issues, and develop solutions from the ethical, professional as well as academic perspectives;
- To instill a critical and integrated understanding of the world of business, with a firm foundation in related areas such as economics, ethics, information technology, organisation behaviour and co-operative law;
- To prepare the students for progression to higher degree work and research in various disciplines.