Hotel sector is one of the fastest growing sectors of the Kenyas economy. It now requires an astute business mind, creative management and stunning interests to fully explore and appropriate its socio-economic prospects.
The Bachelor of Catering and Hotel Management degree brings to aspirants opportunity to be part of the global leadership in Hotel and Catering sector. Currently Hotel and catering courses are mainly offered by tertiary colleges at certificate and diploma levels. This degree programme will therefore provide an immediate opportunity to those students who graduate from these colleges. This programme is unique in that it covers all areas of hospitality that is an important component in the tourism industry, the fastest growing sector
Minimum Entry Requirements
All candidates admitted to the degree programme of Bachelor of Catering and Hotel Management (BCHM) must satisfy the minimum common entrance requirements as stipulated by the Kisii University statutes.
- Be a holder of KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English/Kiswahili. OR
- Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and subsidiary pass with a minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at KCE OR
- Be a holder of a diploma in a relevant discipline with a credit pass from an institution recognised by Kisii university senate. OR
- Be a holder of any equivalent qualification recognised by the university senate.
Based on senate approved guidelines, candidates may be allowed to transfer up to 30% of credit factors from a related diploma course.
The aim of Bachelor of Catering and Hotel Management programme is to produce professionals with firm academic and practical orientation in the Hotel industry. Specifically the programme will:
- Allow the students to develop competence in general Hotel management.
- Prepare students to effectively work as receptionist, guest relation officer, reservation agent, cashier and night auditor.
- Enable Students learn how to plan, cost & prepare a large variety of dishes.
- Prepare students to supervise dry-cleaning plants & house-keeping operations in hotels, hospitals & institutions.
- Expose students to all types of restaurant service, bar operations & food & wine knowledge.
- Prepare students for supervisory responsibility in food & beverage operations.