BACHELOR OF ARTS IN TRAVEL AND TOURISM
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN TRAVEL AND TOURISM
- University of Nairobi (UoN)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 4 years
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN TRAVEL AND TOURISM program at University of Nairobi course details
Since its inception in 1970s, Kenya Utalii a University of Nairobi branch College has been a premier institution in producing skilled human power for the tourism industry both locally and internationally. Our tourism related diploma courses have had a world-wide appeal with most of our graduates having been engaged in practical development of the tourism industry.
We feel that there is a growing demand for our product as the globe turns into a village and travel and tourism become the primary modes of leisure and recreation. This has encouraged us to venture into a degree programme.
Our degree program is comprehensive and tailored to prepare students for careers in the travel and tourism industry. The subject matter reflects the skills and knowledge required by today’s professionals in the field of tourism. We shall also strive to enhance professionalism, scholarship and research by incorporating current technical and theoretical developments in the industry, which will make our students employable in the Travel and Tourism industry.
Minimum Entry Requirements
1. KCSE with a C+ or equivalent
2. KCSE with a C plain or equivalent Plus a Diploma (including IB Diploma) or equivalent from a recognized post- secondary institution.
3. KCE/EACE Div. III/Ordinary GCE or equivalent Plus a Diploma (including IB Diploma) or equivalent from a recognized post- secondary institution.
4. KACE or EAACE/Advanced GCE Certificate with one principal pass Plus a Diploma (including IB Diploma) or equivalent from a recognized postsecondary institution.
5. KACE or EAACE certificate with two principal passes or equivalent.
6. International Baccalaureate Diploma
7. A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
i) To enable students to pursue studies in travel and tourism management at a higher level.
ii) To enable students to acquire relevant theoretical and practical skills needed in travel and tourism management.
iii) To build-up capacity in all areas of travel and tourism.
iv)To provide an avenue for advanced research in the travel and tourism industry.
Introduction to Ecology
Attractions & Facilities
Introduction to Tourism
Introduction to Travel & Tour Operations
Cultural Heritage Tourism
Information Technology in Hospitality and Tourism
Introduction to Airfare Construction
Wildlife Knowledge for Tourism
Theory of Travel & Tourism
Hospitality & Tourism Marketing
Principles of Accounting
Tour Operations Management
Natural History of Fauna
Principles of Management
Principles of Tour Guiding
Elements of Statistics
Leisure & Recreation Management
Human Resource Management for
Hospitality & Tourism
Travel Reservations Systems
Hotel and Lodge Operations
Managerial Finance and Accounting in Hospitality and Tourism
Organizational Behaviour for Hospitality and Tourism
Destination Management in Hospitality
Tourism Transport Systems
Foreign Language level I Unit I
Foreign Language Level III Unit I
Travel Agency Management
Topics in World Civilizations
Entrepreneurship in Hospitality and Tourism
Foreign Language level I Unit II
Foreign Language level III Unit II
Environmental Management for Hospitality & Tourism
Tourism Planning & Development Hospitality and Tourism Economics
Incentives & Special Events Management
Logistics for Travel & Tourism
Foreign Language level II Unit I E
Foreign Language level IV Unit I
Meetings & Conventions Management
Current Issues in Tourism
Global Business and Cultural Diversity
Hospitality and Tourism Law E
General and Strategic Management in Hospitality and Tourism
Foreign Language level II Unit II
Foreign Language level IV Unit II
Science and Technology
People who viewed this BACHELOR OF ARTS IN TRAVEL AND TOURISM program offered at University of Nairobi were also interested in:
- Bachelor of Tourism Management BTM
- University of Eldoret (UoE)
- Bachelor of Travel and Tour Operations Management BTTM
- University of Eldoret (UoE)
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism ManagemenBachelor of Science in Tourism Managementt
- Maasai Mara University
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Pwani University
- Bachelor of Tourism Management
- University of Kabianga
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
- United States International University Africa USIU-A (USIU)