University of Nairobi (UoN)
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN POLITICAL SCIENCE
- Bachelors Degree Program
- Duration : 4 years
Entry requirements for admission to the University of Nairobi for the above programme
1. KCSE with a C+ or equivalent or KCSE with a C plain or equivalent Plus a Diploma (including IB Diploma) or equivalent from a recognized post- secondary institution.
2. KCE/EACE Div. III/ Ordinary GCE or equivalent Plus a Diploma (including IB Diploma) or equivalent from a recognized post- secondary institution.
3. KACE or EAACE./ Advanced GCE Certificate with one principal pass Plus a Diploma (including IB Diploma) or equivalent from a recognized postsecondary institution, KACE or EAACE certificate with two principal passes or equivalent.
4. International Baccalaureate Diploma or a degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
5. A Diploma course shall be required to have covered at least 3 course units of 45 contact hours each over a minimum period of 2 semesters of 15 weeks or 270 contact hours.
The objectives of the programme are:
i) To understand and appreciate the role of politics in human life.
ii) To equip students with skills of understanding and conducting research on politics, political processes and political systems globally.
iii) To acquire appropriate skills that can enable students to effectively participate and contribute to political development in the country.
Introduction to Political Science
Politics and Government in Africa
Basic Concepts in Political Science
Politics and Government in Kenya
Introduction to Political Theory
Modern Political Theory
Introduction to Political Economy
Political Economy of African Development
Introduction to Political Sociology
Politics and Social Integration
Introduction to Comparative Politics
Comparative Politics of Developing Areas
Comparative Politics of Industrial states
Introduction to International Relations
Relations among African States
Issues in International Relations
Africa and the Major Powers
Introduction to International Law
Theory of Political Inquiry
Methods of Political Inquiry
Major Themes in African Political Thought
African Political Thought: Selected Works
Politics of Social Movements
Parties and Pressure Groups
Politics and Government in East Africa
Politics and Government of a Selected African
Politics & Government of a Selected Developing
Politics of Agricultural Development
Politics of Industrialization in Africa
Women in the Political Economy of the Third World
Theory of Democracy
Seminar on Approaches to Political Science
Public Opinion and Voter Behaviour
Politics and Government in South Africa
The Military in the Politics of a Selected Region
Kenya’s Foreign Policy
Comparative Foreign Policies
Politics of Regional Cooperation and Conflict
Strategic and National Security Studies
International Law and the African States
Politics of Multinational Corporations
Dependency & Development in the Third World