B Sc In Telecommunication And Information Engineering
- B. Sc. In Telecommunication And Information Engineering
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 5 years
B. Sc. In Telecommunication And Information Engineering program at Dedan Kimathi University of Technology course details
The B.Sc in Telecommunication and Information Engineering degree course at Kimathi University entails the study of design, implementation, management and maintenance of telecommunication systems. The course includes foundation courses in Electrical and Electronic Engineering as well courses in Computer and Information Technology.
In general, our Telecommunication and Informtion Engineering graduates acquire know-how in the design, testing, validation, control, and production of new devices ranging from networks of wireless nanosensors to large aerospace systems, as well as to the creation of software for the analysis, understanding, transmission, and exploitation of information in all its physical instantiations.
Minimum Entry Requirements
The minimum entry requirements into the Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications Engineering degree program at Kimathi University are:
- KCSE C+ and minimum grades in individual cluster subjects:
- Mathematics C+,
- Physics C+,
- Chemistry C+,
- C+ in Biology or any group of III or any group IV. Or any group V
- KACE or A level applicants must have at least two principal passes in Mathematics and Physics at a minimum of 9 points plus a credit pass in Chemistry at KCE or its equivalent.
The broad objective of the Telecommunication and Information Technologydegree program at Kimathi University is to produce well rounded engineering graduates who have laboratory and design skills to formulate problems and projects and to plan a process for solution taking advantage of diverse technical knowledge and skills.
Our graduates are able to: design, implement and manage systems for processing and transmitting information.
Our graduates are able to find career opportunities in such areas as:
- Computer communications and networking
- Mobile communications
- Voice and data networks
- TV and radio broadcasting
- Optical networking
- Remote sensing, measurement and control
- Next-generation networks
Our Telecommunications and Information engineering graduates are also able to find employment in broader areas such as electronic engineering, instrumentation engineering, computer engineering, systems analysis and control engineering.
People who viewed this B. Sc. In Telecommunication And Information Engineering program offered at Dedan Kimathi University of Technology were also interested in:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Science
- Kenya Methodist University (KeMU)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications
- Strathmore University (Strathmore)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Kisii University
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology - BBIT
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)
- Bachelor of Science in Security and Forensics
- Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST)