University of Eldoret

 (UoE)
  • Public University
  • #033(Kenya university ranking)
  • Soy - Constituency, Uasin Gishu - County
  • (0 reviews)

University of Eldoret - overview

The University of Eldoret is situated approximately 9 km along the Eldoret-Ziwa road in Eldoret town, Uasin gishu County.
It was founded in 1946 by the white settlers as a Large Scale Farmers Training Centre. In 1984, it was converted to a teachers training college and renamed Moi Teachers Training College to offer Diploma Science Teachers Training.
Due to the double intake crisis, the College was taken over by Moi University as a Campus in 1990, renaming it Chepkoilel Campus. From 1990, the University made it a campus of natural, basic and applied science programmes.

In August 2010 the President, through Legal Notice No. 125 of 13 August 2010 upgraded the campus into a University College with the name Chepkoilel University College, a Constituent College of Moi University. Upon the award of Charter by the President on March 2013, the University College was renamed University of Eldoret.

Why Choose University of Eldoret

At University of Eldoret, we are committed to living out core values that influence our actions and practices. These values form the basis for leadership and management practices and guide the behavior of all our staff. The University’s core values include the following and embrace all critical areas of our operations:

  • Integrity: We aim to espouse transparency and integrity in our actions and conduct.
  • Innovativeness: Embracing change and continuous improvement.
  • Customer satisfaction: We aim to deliver quality services to our customers and to honour our commitments.
  • Competitiveness: We are committed to global visibility and competitiveness in our academic pursuits.
  • Equity: Fairness and equal opportunities to all.
  • Responsiveness: We will exercise awareness to the needs of our stakeholders.

Our Qulaity Objectives are:

  1. To ensure 90% completion rate of students admitted in respective programmes.
  2. To increase on the adequacy of facilities and infrastructure that are in-line with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements by 1% annually.
  3. To progressively increase internal research funding and dissemination of research findings that positively impact communities by 5% annually.
  4. To enhance the skills, expertise and competency of staff by training 2.0% of the staff annually.
  5. To achieve performance targets as set in the University performance contract by 100% annually.

History of University of Eldoret

The University of Eldoret was founded in 1946 by the white settlers as a Large Scale Farmers Training Centre. In 1984, it was converted to a teachers training college and renamed Moi Teachers Training College to offer Diploma Science Teachers Training.
Due to the double intake crisis, the College was taken over by Moi University as a Campus in 1990, renaming it Chepkoilel Campus. From 1990, the University made it a campus of natural, basic and applied science programmes.

In August 2010 the President, through Legal Notice No. 125 of 13 August 2010 upgraded the campus into a University College with the name Chepkoilel University College, a Constituent College of Moi University. Upon the award of Charter by the President on March 2013, the University College was renamed University of Eldoret.

University of Eldoret Physical Location

The University of Eldoret is situated approximately 9 km along the Eldoret-Ziwa road in Eldoret town, Uasin gishu County.

University of Eldoret
Uasin Gishu County Public University
View Programs